Tuesday, July 30, 2019

Vintage Travel Back in Time

I thought that for my first 'On the Road Vintage' entry it would be fun to go back in time to one of my favorite vintage outfits; A VINTAGE CAR. Yes, in the 80's I owned an orange and black 40 Ford Pickup, then a 1957 Cadillac Eldorado Seville, then a cool sky blue Mustang convertible as my personal succession of cars. Our family cars included a 40 Ford black and white convertible, a 40 ford cherry red 2 door sedan, a navy blue 4 door sedan, a 40 Ford unfinished coupe, a 40 Ford tan and brown pick-up truck and a Lincoln Zepher. Our house was falling down but we had a lot of fun at car rallys ;-)
 This truck was hot!! A big engine that roared and a lot of muscle to drive.....

 I was told that this Cadillac Eldorado Seville was the car of choice for the 'Men in Black' in the 50's!

 A little vintage fashion 80's artist style; a 40's crinkle rayon quilted jacket, a Huiochol beaded bracelet, purple leggings, beaded crystals necklacce, zuni thunderbird inlay bracelet, purple & black striped tunic sweater, black crinkle cotton skirt, iridescent thread black scarf and Tibetan shoulder purse and clogs....Holy Moly check out the attitude....leaning on our family 40 Ford (what else) truck.
 This car was my fun freedom machine when I moved out to Green Gulch Farm Zen Center on the coast (after Norman died). The ocean breeze, my hair flying, sunsets alone on Abalone Beach....just my car and me and my grief...
 Big Blue, the family car that was a tank to drive and me as a hippy chick re-living the 60's.

No comments:

Post a Comment